There are so many things you need to do to get top dollar to sell your home. Here are some helpful tips for dog owners selling their home.
Tips for Dog Owners Selling their home
- When potential homebuyers arrive, make sure your dog is out of the home. If necessary, hire a dog walker or drop him off at day care so buyers can view your home in peace and quite. The last thing you want is your dog barking and scaring away a potential buyer. It can also be the perfect time to take him out to have a little fun in San Francisco. The two of you can check out the city views on top of Kite Hill or go play at Baker Beach in the Marina with the Golden Gate Bridge as your backdrop. There are also several great off lease dog parks in San Francisco such as Rincon Hill Dog Park, Jefferson Square Park, and Mission Bay Dog Park.
- Have your agent schedule the showings in the block of time when your dog is out of the house. Usually one to two hours is plenty of time to have buyers come through.
- Make sure to put away all of the dog bowls, bed, and toys. Usually you can hide it in a closet so it doesn’t stand out as much.
- Make sure the house is clean of pet hair and odors. You want your house to show well and smell good. Lighting a couple candles during the showing and using Glade plug ins can make the house smell good and feel inviting.
- Communicate with your real estate agent about buyers brining dogs into your home. Personally I always ask them to leave them outside so they don’t get the house dirty.
Nothing beats the feeling of finally seeing that ‘sold’ sign go up, and it will surely get Fido’s tail wagging too. By using the tips for dog owner selling their home I am sure you will get top dollar and it will sell quickly. If you are considering selling your home please contact me for a free market analysis and more tips.
Thanks to Medina at DogEtiquette.info for contributing to this article!